Portsmouth Music and Arts Center (PMAC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetics.
There are currently no teaching positions open. If you are interested in being considered for a future position, you are welcome to send application materials and we will keep them on file.
Teaching musicians and artists are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to:
Russ Grazier, CEO and Director of Education
Full-Time Director of Development
PMAC is seeking a dynamic and experienced full-time Director of Development commencing November 2017 to lead all fundraising efforts including: annual fund, major gifts program, grants, events, corporate partnerships and donor cultivation. As a member of the management team, the Director of Development will work closely with the CEO and Marketing Manager to implement a development plan. The Director of Development will also work closely with the Board of Directors and will serve as the staff liaison to the Development Committee. PMAC offers a flexible work environment with the option to work from home as needed once established in the position. PMAC offers a competitive salary and benefits with a friendly, lively, cooperative and eager work environment. PMAC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree; proven track record in fundraising with at least 5 years experience
- Proactive development leader with an established track record of increasing philanthropic revenue from diverse constituencies.
- Experience in the development and implementation of a broad-based fundraising program including personally opening doors, cultivation, and successfully closing major gifts.
- Progressive experience in successful development programs and knowledge of “best practices” in development.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Comfortable in both one-on-one and group environments;
- Excellent listener, self-starter and team player.
- Experience with fundraising databases, and experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Significant expertise in the Seacoast’s funding community and donor environment, and fundraising in the arts environment a plus.
- Must have a strong interest in supporting the mission and success of a community arts school.
- Must pass background check
PMAC offers competitive compensation, medical insurance, discounts on PMAC lessons and programs, paid holidays and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume no later than Friday, October 20, 2017 by email to email@example.com. Please reference Development Director in the subject line. E-mail applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position; please do not call.
Part-Time Registration Assistant/Receptionist
PMAC is seeking a highly organized, efficient and customer-focused Registration Assistant/Receptionist for a part-time (10 - 16 hours per week) position with our growing organization on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings.
Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist Director of Admissions in processing student registrations
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and greet and assist all persons entering the building with a warm, business-like manner
- Accept payments for tuition, ticket sales and drop in classes
- Answer questions about all PMAC programs, fundraisers and events
- Providing administrative support to the management team and PMAC events
- Light office work including filing, processing sales and data entry
Requirements and qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Applications. Must be comfortable navigating computers and using new programs including but not limited to industry-specific registration software
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience providing support in an office environment and/or prior experience in the Customer Service Industry
- Able to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, telephones systems, printers and copiers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass background check
- Fun, creative work environment
- Be part of a team that has a passion for music and art
- Program discounts for PMAC education programs for employee and immediate family
Interested applicants should submit a resume no later than Friday, October 20, 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Registration Assistant/Receptionist in the subject line. E-mail applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position; please do not call.
Part-Time Marketing and Communications Coordinator
PMAC seeks a creative, proactive and team-oriented individual to work as a part-time (24 hours per week) Marketing Coordinator for our growing organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and success in applying writing and communication skills to build public awareness of PMAC and its programs, provide clear and consistent targeted messaging that builds upon PMAC’s reputation as a leading arts organization, and work with PMAC’s outside marketing and public relations firm to manage the design process of collateral materials.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the CEO and Director of Admissions to develop long- and short-term marketing plans to promote student registration, concerts, exhibitions and events.
- Write, develop and coordinate the creation and dissemination of external communication materials and impact stories to expand awareness, engage stakeholders, and build and strengthen relationship with donors to share through social media and traditional media outlets. This includes press releases, programs, catalogs, e-mails and catalogs.
- Review proofs for all marketing collateral and communications to ensure accuracy and readability, including grammar, punctuation and writing style.
- Assist the Director of Development in all aspects of annual appeal mailings and with sponsorship materials.
- Regularly maintain and update time-sensitive content on the PMAC website.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on communications, marketing, and/or media relations work experience required, with experience working as part of a team in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in writing communication tools (articles, press releases etc.) and organizational assets (annual reports, brochures) required.
- Experience managing and coordinating digital outreach efforts (blogs, online communities), social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and email marketing to promote business objectives required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience and familiarity in website content management desired.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with an external marketing and public relations firm to develop collateral materials and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize projects and assignments, problem-solve, maintain a positive attitude, and produce professional results under deadlines.
- Proficient in all MS Office Products as well as in Google Applications.
- A familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite products including InDesign and Photoshop and the ability to edit existing design documents is a plus.
- Strong interest in supporting the mission and success of a community arts school preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Fun, creative work environment.
- Be part of a team that has a passion for music and art.
- Program discounts for PMAC education programs for employee and immediate family.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and writing sample no later than Friday, October 20, 2017 by email to email@example.com. Please reference Marketing and Communications Coordinator in the subject line. E-mail applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position; please do not call.